Rideshare Week is held the first week in October — Oct. 5-9. This annual statewide campaign promotes carpooling, transit and other alternatives to driving alone as a means of easing traffic congestion and improving air quality. Here's how it works:
- Thousands of pledge cards are distributed to commuters throughout the Kern region
- An extensive publicity campaign helps get the word out
- Commuters pledge to ride share at least one day during Rideshare Week 2009 — It's a Total Trip
- Prizes are awarded to lucky participants. Once submitted, your online pledge form will be entered into a drawing for groovy prizes! (Winners will be notified by the end of October)
- FREE Cup of Coffee Offer*
Print out your completed pledge form & take it to any of the following participating sponsors for a free cuppa Joe!:
Kohnen's Bakery in Tehachapi
Mama Hillybeans in Tehachapi
Pappy's Coffee Shop in Bakersfield
Espresso Cafe in Ridgecrest
Java Detour in Bakersfield (2 or more people in car required)
Taft Crude Coffee House in Taft
*Offer good during Rideshare Week, Oct. 5-9, 2009 only.
- Lunchtime Express - Click for more info!
Kern Commuter Connection offers employers a Rideshare Week Tool Kit with everything you'll need to run a successful campaign at your worksite. The tool kit includes posters, pledge cards, stickers and more. Call 661.861-2191 or email email@example.com to request your Tool Kit.
All pledge forms must be submitted before October 16, 2009. Above information is for prize distribution purposes only; you will not be contacted unless you are a prize winner. Only one entry per person. Must be 18 years of age to participate.
For more information, please click here or go to this site: http://www.kerncog.org/rideshare