Students are expected to read the school rules very carefully. They will be held responsible for following these rules and will receive disciplinary consequences for failure to do so.
- Students are not to be on the school grounds prior to 7:45 a.m.
- Students have five minutes between classes to attend to personal needs and go to their locker. They are expected to arrive at and be seated in their next class, ready to work with required materials, before the tardy bell rings.
- Behavior in a class that interferes with the instructor’s ability to teach or other students’ ability to learn is unacceptable, unfair, and will not be tolerated.
- Students may not bring any items to school that are not required for their classes. Electronic music devices, toys, and other unnecessary items will be confiscated and held in the school office until they are retrieved by a parent.
- GUM IS NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME on campus.
- Food and beverages may only be consumed inside the cafeteria or at the green tables next to the library during lunchtime. Snacks, seeds, and candy may not be eaten in the hallways, on the playground, or in the classroom without a teacher’s permission.
- Students may not possess felt tipped or permanent markers. If special marking instruments are required for class projects they will be provided by the school for in-class use only.
- Students must keep their hands to themselves. Running in the hallways, pushing, and horseplay are not permitted. Hand-holding and other public displays of affection are also prohibited at school.
- Flowers, balloons, and other distracting items should not be brought or delivered to school as they disrupt the educational environment. Students may not take distracting items to class; these objects will be held in the office until the end of the school day.
- Tevis is a closed campus. Once a student comes on the grounds he/she may not leave without permission from the office. This includes:
- Going home when ill.
- Going home for lunch. A permission form, signed by the student’s parent, must be on file in the office prior to leaving campus in order to go home for lunch. One note will last all year, and permits you to go to YOUR OWN HOME ONLY. You may not go to a friend's house or to a nearby store or restaurant. Sign out in the office before leaving to go home for lunch. Sign back in when you return.
- Sometimes a parent makes arrangements to take his/her child with a group of other students to lunch. In order to leave the grounds with any adult other than the student's own parent, the student must check out through the office with a note from his/her parent. When any student returns from being off during the day, he/she must check back in at the office.
- The bike rack is off limits during the school day. Only students who bring bikes are allowed in the bike racks to lock them up in the morning or pick them up after school. NEVER leave your bike at school overnight.
- Riding a school bus is a privilege, not a right. This privilege can be lost. Read the bus rules carefully and follow them.
- Students are expected to dress in a manner appropriate for school. Read the district dress code on page 10 very carefully. Students who fail to follow the dress code will be required to call their parent for other clothes or wear P.E./loaner clothes for the remainder of the day. Repeated violations of the dress code will result in further disciplinary action.
- Students are prohibited from selling any edible or non-edible items at school for personal gain or for any outside organization. These items will be confiscated.