IMPORTANT: School hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. Supervision is not available until 7:45 a.m., therefore students should not be on campus before this time. After-school supervision ends at 3:30 p.m., therefore students should be off campus by this time. Zero period PE student should arrive no earlier then 7:35 a. m. Other supervised school activities times shall be set by staff.
ABSENCE FROM SCHOOL
Regular attendance is one of the most important factors affecting a student's academic and social success in school. Frequent absences are harmful to the academic progress of any student. However, if it is necessary to be absent for a legitimate reason, such as illness, the following procedures should be followed:
- Parents should call the school on the day of the absence or write a note stating the reason for the absence on the day the student comes back to school.
- On the day the student returns to school he/she must bring the note to the attendance office and clear their attendance before 8:30 a.m.
- A yellow re-admit slip will be given to the student. The student must take the re-admit slip to each of his/her classes.
NOTE: If the parent has not called the office to clear the absence, the school will make every effort to contact the parent the morning of the absence.
LATE TO SCHOOL
The law requires that students be in class when the bell rings at
8:30 a.m. If a student is late to school, the following procedures
must be followed:
- If there is a legitimate reason for the tardy (such as a dentist or doctor appointment), the parent must either call the school before the student arrives or send a note explaining the tardy with the student. The student should report to the attendance office to get an excused tardy slip.
- Students who come to school after 8:30 a.m. should report directly to class. First period teachers will deal with the consequences for these tardies.
SIGNING STUDENTS OUT
Students who need to leave school during the school day must be signed out by a parent or other person listed on their emergency card. There are no exceptions.