Students are expected to read these rules very carefully and will be held responsible for following them:
- Students are not to be at school prior to 7:45 a.m.
- Students have four or five minutes between classes to attend to personal needs and go to their locker. They are expected to arrive at their next class ready to work, with required materials, before the tardy bell rings.
- Behavior in a class which disturbs the teacher's ability to teach or other students' ability to learn is unacceptable, unfair, and will not be tolerated.
- Students are not to bring any items to school which are not necessary for their classes. Radios, cameras (except Photo students), toys, candy, etc. are prohibited. These unnecessary items will be held by the school office until arrangements can be made for parents to pick them up. Cell phones, pagers, or other electronic signaling devices on school campuses are expressly prohibited by law.
- Students may not carry or possess felt tipped markers or any other marking instrument beyond standard pencils and ink pens. If special marking instruments are required for class projects they will be provided by the school for in-class use only.
- Gum is not permitted anywhere or anytime on the campus.
- Eating of snacks, candy or drinks between classes in the hallways is not allowed. Items purchased from the student store during lunch may be eaten during the lunch period on the basketball courts and in “The Forest” only. These items may not be eaten at any other time or place on campus.
- Students are expected to keep their hands to themselves. Running, pushing, play fighting, and horseplay is not permitted. This type of behavior is dangerous to those involved as well as students nearby, and often causes injuries and leads to fights. Hand holding and other public displays of affection are not permitted at school.
- This is a closed campus. Once the student comes on the grounds he/she may not leave without permission from the office. This includes:
- Going home when ill.
- Going home for lunch. (A blue permission slip, obtained in the school office, signed by the student's parents, is required to be on file in the school office to gain permission to go home for lunch.)
- Leaving school with a parent for any reason, including going to lunch, without being signed out in the office by the parent.
- Students also may not leave with someone else's parent unless the student has a written permission slip signed by their own parents. It must include the name of the parent with whom they are leaving. Arrangements to leave with another student's parents must be cleared through the office before school begins for the day.
- The bike area is off limits during the school day. Only students who bring bikes are allowed in the bike racks to lock them up in the morning or pick them up after school.
- Riding a school bus is a privilege, not a right. This privilege can be lost. Read the bus rules carefully and follow them. Bus ticket suspensions will be enforced. If a student is suspended from riding the bus, the student is responsible for acquiring other transportation to and from school.
- Students are expected to dress in a manner appropriate for school. Please read the Panama dress code on page 8 very carefully. Students who do not follow the dress code will be required to call their parents for other clothes, or they will be required to wear P.E. clothes for the remainder of the day. Repeated violations of the dress code will result in further disciplinary action at the discretion of the school administration.
- Articles of dress that are in the nature of a costume which detract from the educational environment are not to be worn.
- Students are not permitted to sell any items at school except for school related fund raising projects.
- Students may not bring any items to school, either worn or carried, which can be used to cause injury to others. This includes items such as wallet chains, pocket knives, any sort of a paddle or club, or any other such item which presents a danger to other students.
- Do not have flowers, balloons, etc. delivered to school. Students may not take these items to class. They will be held in the office until the end of the day.