HISTORY DAY IN CALIFORNIA
2019 Theme: "Triumph & Tragedy in History"
County Contest Held Saturday, March 9, 2019State Contest Held Friday-Saturday, May TBA, 2019National Contest Held Sunday-Thursday, June TBA, 2019
History Day is an interdisciplinary program that encourages students to research and prepare papers, exhibits, posters, performances, and documentaries on an annual historical theme. Students learn to be historical detectives and sharpen their skills as writers, artists, and performers. The process is exciting, history-based learning experience, for students in grades 4 through 12, who not only learn about issues, ideas, people and events in history, but they apply what they have learned through creative and original productions. Beyond simply memorizing names and dates and reporting on historical events, History Day students develop invaluable research and analytical skills as they process the information gathered through intensive research and draw their own conclusions about their topic's significance in history.Important Dates:
- Mandatory Teacher/Coach Orientation Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 4:00 - 5:00 pm CITY CENTRE, Room 1A, 1300 17th Street
- Intent to Participate Form Due to County Monday, September 17, 2018
- Online Registration Deadline, Friday, January 25, 2019
- Historical Papers Due: Friday, February 15, 2019
- Websites Locked for Judging: Friday, February 15, 2019
- County History Day - Saturday, March 9, 2018, Reider Education Center, 2000 K Street
- State History Day - May TBA, 2019,
- National History Day - June TBA, 2019
For more information, contact Trina Lovio, Curriculum Specialist, at (661) 831-8331, ext. 6152 or via email at email@example.com.