Highlights of the P-BVUSD Music Department Accomplishments
- P-BVUSD students, TK and grades 3-8, have equal access to quality standards-based arts instruction in all of P-BVUSD's schools in music by competent, qualified teachers.
- The “Music Makers” Festival involves over 900 junior high students performing at the Mechanics Bank Convention Center while 39 percent of our regular junior high population elects to be in music.
- 50% of the County Honor Music Festival participants are from the P-BVUSD.
- Every year, our bands, orchestras, and choirs receive Superior Ratings at the state sponsored Rating/Standards festivals.
- Our nationally known P-BVUSD Strolling Strings group performed at the California Distinguished School Ceremony, the Mid-West Strolling Strings Clinic in Kansas City, Missouri, and the CMEA State Music Educators Conference in 1999, 2002 and 2006. They have worked with internationally known artists such as Daryl Silberman, Crystal Plohman, and Doug Cameron.
- More than half of our music teachers have been recognized as outstanding educators by their peers and throughout the state through the Teacher Hall of Fame program, the Jim Burke Ford Foundation, Kern County Music Educators Association (KCMEA) and Central Section California Music Educators Association (CMEA.) Several administrators, such as Doug Miller, have been recognized by the state (CMEA) for their contribution to the arts.
- We have good reason to be proud of our visual and performing arts program, its teachers, its students, and their many outstanding accomplishments.