Careers with P-BVUSD
Announcement! New 2022-23 Salary Schedule and Pay Incentives for Certificate Substitutes.
Substitute teachers must contact KCSOS Credentialing Department at (661) 636-4750 to begin the process of being placed on the county-wide substitute list. This is a prerequisite to applying with P-BVUSD as a substitute teacher. Once on the County list, prospective substitutes will apply online by clicking the link below. See our flyer for Information:
Automated Substitute Calling System
Teachers and substitutes in the Panama-Buena Vista Union School District rely on Frontline Absence Management system which utilizes phone, web and mobile phone app access. Teachers can record absences and the need for a substitute via the phone or the Internet via their web browser. Substitutes can also access the system via phone or web browser.
Contact and Questions
Thank you for your interest in serving as a substitute for the Panama-Buena Vista Union School District. We rely heavily on our substitute teachers and greatly appreciate the support they provide to our teaching staffs at all of the schools in the Panama-Buena Vista Union School District.If you have questions about substituting, please contact Miryea Perez at (661) 831-8331, ext. 6106.
Classified Substitute Employment
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Classified Substitute with the Panama-Buena Vista Union School District. Classified Substitutes are the support staff to our District Office, our School Sites, our Teachers and ultimately, our students! Classified Substitutes may work in various positions and work on an “as needed” basis.
- Instructional Aides
- Special Education Aides
- Non-Instructional Aides
- Extended Learning Support, including ACES and Daycare
- Nutrition Services
- Secreterial/ Clerical Support Staff
- Maintenance, Operations & Grounds
If you would like to see the Classified Substitute positions currently available, please visit our online application system and APPLY ONLINE today! If you have questions regarding Classified Substitute Employment. Please contact Marcy Sixtos at (661) 831-8331 ext. 6119
The Panama-Buena Vista Union School District employs three classifications of employees:
- Certificated employees must have a specialized credential (e.g. teacher, counselor, speech therapist, or school principal)
- Classified employees may not need a credential but may require further district testing (e.g. Paraprofessional, clerical, accounting, etc.)
- Management employees fall into two categories: Certificated and Classified.
The Panama-Buena Vista Union School District, with its focus on providing equitable learning opportunities for all students, is at the forefront of educational reform and committed to ongoing professional development.
HELPFUL APPLICATION HINTS:
- Carefully read the job description for employment procedures, qualifications, deadlines, required documents, and certifications. After reading the job description, make a checklist of requirements and application procedures so none are forgotten in the application process. Scan and upload all of the documentation appropriate for the position.
- Jobs in the District may be certificated or classified positions. Certificated positions require college degrees and specialized credentials. Examples of certificated positions include teachers, psychologists, nurses and speech pathologists. Non-certificated positions are classified positions and may also require specific qualifications. For example, instructional aides must meet the requirements for college units (minimum 48 semester units) or pass the CODESP test; a library media clerk must type a specified number of words per minute, as verified by a valid typing certificate from an acceptable agency. Be certain you meet all of the job qualifications before submitting an application for a position.
- Apply in a timely manner. The application may be updated at any time before the application deadline.
- Register to take required tests when offered by the District.
- Allow time for scanned documents to be uploaded to your application if submitted to our district office.
- For classified clerical positions, typing certificates obtained from online third party services (typing apps: Ratatype, typing.com, speedtypingonline.com, etc.) are NOT accepted. Only tests taken in person, requiring proof of identification are accepted.
- Make sure all required application fields are completed, documentation is uploaded, and requirements are met before submitting your application.
- Be sure to click “Finish and Submit” when finished with your application. Look for a confirmation email showing your application has been successfully submitted.
- Technical assistance with Frontline Recruiting and Hiring can be received by clicking on the link to “Request Technical Help.”