P-BVTA CBA, Article XII F.3.b.: “Upon completion of the required number of units for column advancement, General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers and Academic Coaches must complete and submit the District’s “Request for Advancement” form found on the District’s Human Resources webpage.”
- Eligible bargaining unit employees will only submit a Salary Advancement Request Form to Human Resources upon completion of units for column advancement (12 units for Column I - VI and 15 units for Column VII).
- October 15 for Fall Advancement Requests (to earn a full year's credit)
- March 1 for Spring Advancement Requests (to earn a half year's credit)
- Download HR Salary Advancement Form
- Complete the form with the required information
- If using pbvU units to advance, you must attach proof of completion found in Badgr -No other proof of completion for pbvU units will be accepted.
If opting for advancement through post-baccalaureate units from an approved college/university, please request official transcripts. Send them electronically to Lili Ramirez at email@example.com, or include sealed hard copies with the HR Salary Advancement form during submission.
- Submit both the form and attachments to Lili Ramirez in the Human Resources Division - HARD COPIES ONLY
Who to Contact if You Have Questions:
- pbvU units proof of completion - Kandace Simpson at pbvU@pbvusd.k12.ca.us
- Salary Advancement/Semester Units - Lili Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org
P-BVTA CBA, Article XII F1: "Approved universities, including the universities approved for induction units, are identified on the District's List of Approved Authorizations and Programs (located on the District's Human Resources Webpage). College and university individual and program courses that are not on the approved list will be accepted only if completed at a regionally accredited institution located either in California or out-of-state. Acceptable regional accrediting bodies are listed on the District's List of Approved Authorizations and Programs. Only approved units qualify for Column Advancement."
APPROVED LIST: ListofApprovedAuthorizationsandPrograms1.17.24.pdf