Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Panama-Buena Vista Union School District team! The District provides a positive work environment where employees and job applicants are assured of equal access and opportunities and are free from harassment in accordance with law; read Board Policy 4030 (Non-discrimination in Employment) and BP 4119.11 (Sexual Harassment) for more information.
Follow these helpful hints for successfully completing your job application:
- Click on the link AppliTrack, the web-based system used by the District for job postings and applications. Spend some time navigating through the webpage to become familiar with the application process.
- Carefully read the job description for employment procedures, qualifications, deadlines, required documents, and certifications. After reading the job description, make a checklist of requirements and application procedures so none are forgotten in the application process. Scan and upload all of the documentation appropriate for the position.
- Jobs in the District may be certificated or classified positions. Certificated positions require college degrees and specialized credentials. Examples of certificated positions include teachers, psychologists, nurses and speech pathologists. Non-certificated positions are classified positions and may also require specific qualifications. For example, instructional aides must meet the requirements for college units (minimum 48 semester units) or pass the CODESP test; a library media clerk must type a specified number of words per minute, as verified by a valid typing certificate from an acceptable agency. Be certain you meet all of the job qualifications before submitting an application for a position.
- Apply in a timely manner. The application may be updated at any time before the application deadline.
- Register to take required tests when offered by the District.
- Allow time for scanned documents to be uploaded into AppliTrack.
- Make sure all required application fields are completed, documentation is uploaded, and requirements are met before submitting your application.
- Be sure to click “Submit” when finished with your application. Look for a confirmation email showing your application has been successfully submitted.
- Technical assistance with AppliTrack can be received by clicking on the link to “Request Technical Help.”
Click here to view open Panama-Buena Vista Union School District positions on AppliTrack.
Frequently Asked Questions: FAQs